Our Missions and Value
A rich Community of Learners striving for excellence and celebrating success.
We aim to provide the highest quality of education possible for students of all abilities. In doing so, we aim to positively encourage each child to achieve the best they can, develop friendships and social skills, enjoy being creative and imaginative, develop critical thinking skills and become lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
To achieve this, we will provide a diverse education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes self-discipline and motivation. We will provide and maintain a calm, trusting and caring atmosphere where teaching and learning are meaningful and developed. We will work in partnership with our staff, students, parents and wider community to achieve our vision.
All the staff and governors at Alexandra Nursery School work as one team to ensure that we provide the best for all children. The staff are proud and happy to work here.
Honesty, Respect, Co-operation.
We are an inclusive, multicultural multilingual setting – everyone is welcome here and everyone is given the same opportunities to build the foundations of future learning and development – this includes children and adults.
Well-Being and Resilience
We believe that all children have the right to education, to be safe, to be nurtured and loved and to enjoy and achieve.
We want the best for every child. All children deserve the best start in life. All staff have high expectations for themselves and the children.
Quality education and high Standards.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and have developed a shared pedagogy to enable all staff, parents and children to become effective learners. The staff here are enthusiastic, caring and passionate about making a difference to the children we work with; all staff work to a high standard of teaching, safety and care. All teaching is outstanding (OFSTED 2015).
What makes us special?
- Everyone is welcome and valued in our school – there are children here from a range of cultures backgrounds and religions. Staff are approachable, professional, respectful and friendly
- Staff take part in regular training and self-evaluation so they are always developing their knowledge and skills and constantly improving, trying new things
- We keep children safe
- We recognise each child as a unique being who is very special. Teaching is tailored to meet each child’s individual needs.
- We offer outstanding quality of care and learning opportunities.
- All children have the same opportunities and make progress regardless of their starting point
- We use a consistent approach to assessment and planning which reflects the needs of the children. Planning is flexible and fluid using what the children tell us to help us plan for the next stages in their learning.
- We assess all children resilience and wellbeing when they start with us and then plan to develop skills in these areas so that children become confident and can cope with changes and expectations.
- We encourage children to be healthy through a healthy diet and exercise
- We help children to develop a strong sense of wellbeing and to feel loved
- We develop positive relationships with children and adults
- We work respectfully with parents for the benefit of the children. We support parents to help their child learn at home and send home learning bags, books and resources to enable them to do this.
- We build positive relationships with parents involving and supporting them
- We try to involve parents in everything we do and offer opportunities to come into the nursery
- We work effectively with other agencies to support children and families
- We provide environments that are warm and welcoming and offer children opportunities to explore and have magical experiences. We provide an extensive range of good quality resources.
- We provide a range of extra activities such as visits to Smithills farm, visits to the theatre, walk in the woods, musicians and artist coming in to share their skills and provide stimulating experiences for the children.
- We offer opportunities for exciting outdoor learning by providing an environment that is fun, safe, stimulating and links to children’s interests
- We support children’s transitions from group to group, Under Three’s to Over Three’s provision and on to primary school.
- Everyone is listened to
We want the children who come to Alexandra Nursery School to:
- be happy and love coming to nursery
- feel that they belong and are valued
- have strong attachments to their key person
- make friends
- be enthusiastic learners
- be confident and independent
- be able to communicate their needs and interests
- develop physical, emotional and social skills
- have a good understanding of the natural world
- understand that there are many different ways to be a family and to celebrate festivals and events from across different cultures and beliefs
- develop knowledge and learning about how to care for living things
- make good progress by working on next steps for their learning and celebrating when they have achieved them
- be the best that they can be and always try their best
- be ready to move from here to primary school, confident and independent and ready for the next stage in their education and lives
We want the parents to work with us to help their child by:
- reading library books to them
- attending sessions like letters and sounds, maths
- attending special days such as planting bulbs, garden party, nativity play
- attending parent meetings
- reading our newsletters
- talking to the key person about what their child has done at home
- bringing them to nursery on time – everyday