At Alexandra Nursery School and Under 3’s Centre we are very keen to promote healthy living. We teach our children the importance of exercise and healthy eating.
In 2010 we achieved our school travel plan which focused on encouraging the children to walk where possible.
In 2011 we achieved our Healthy Schools award given to schools that show that teaching children about healthy living is a top priority.
Supporting Health and Self Care.
What we do.
Throughout the year we support families by providing the following;
- Smoke free homes information
- Road safety (car seats)
- Information on the use of dummies
- Keeping teeth healthy (Oracle Health team). Brushing teeth after lunch
- Provision of Health and Hygiene characters in bags to take home
Why do we do this?
- To improve parents’ understanding about keeping children safe
- To improve parents’ understanding about keeping children healthy
- To improve parents’ understanding about the need for smoke free homes
- Children have a better understanding of how to keep clean and healthy
- The parents have a better understanding of how to keep their children clean and healthy
- Parents and children are able to enjoy learning together about being safe and healthy
Click on the Links below to see our current lunch menu’s
Alexandra Nursery School and Under Three’s Centre make every effort to ensure the children in our care receive food which is appropriate to their dietary needs. We are currently in the process of identifying and labelling all the ingredients for the food we serve our children throughout the day particularly in relation to any of the 14 food allergens listed by the Food Standards Agency. We hope to have an information pack ready for parents in the near future, however, if you wish more immediate information we will try our best to provide it.